Craving a Halloween treat, but don’t want it to trick you into holiday weight gain? Try the Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake. Created by Christopher Schrier, our NYC shake mixmaster, this deliciousness is being served up at most of our Fuel Bars. But it’s a breeze to mix at home, so here is our Halloween/Thanksgiving treat to you — the recipe! Let us know what you think.
Unsweetened Vanilla Flavored Almond Milk: 6 oz
Frozen Sliced Bananas: 1 cup
Better’n Peanut Butter: 2 table spoons
Pure Pumpkin Purée: 2/3 cup
Pumpkin Pie Spice: 1 Tablespoon
Ice: 1/3 Cup
Putting it Together
1. Measure 6oz of unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk.
2. Add a cup of frozen sliced bananas.
3. Add two tablespoons Better ‘n Peanut Butter (or healthy PB alternative).
4. Add 2/3 cup pure pumpkin purée.
5. Add 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
6. Add 1/3 cup ice.
7. Blend and serve in 20oz glass.
Total Fat: 5.6 g
Cholesterol: 2.5 mg
Sodium: 278.4 mg
Potassium: 431.3 mg
Carbohydrates: 22.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 6.0 g
Sugars: 4.1 g
Protein: 27.8 g
Fuel Bar Manager at Barry’s Bootcamp Chelsea, says he’s just another person devoted to working out and living an active lifestyle. Creating great tasting protein shakes that Barry’s Bootcamp clients enjoy and benefit from has been an amazing experience for him.