Actually, it’s not hard to spot a Barry’s Addict. Unlike other addicts who struggle to overcome their addictions, endorphin addicts are shamelessly evangelical in their enthusiasm on social media and in person. You just won’t shut up about it, even though your Facebook friends and Twitter followers just wish you would.
They say that the first step is admitting you have a problem. So in case you are in some kind of denial, here are 12 signs you might have an addiction to Barry’s. Not that any intervention or 12-step program will ever work. After all, if loving Barry’s is wrong, you don’t want to be right.
1. You don’t know if it’s Tuesday, but you do know it’s LegsDay.
2. You spend your day wondering if it’s going to be a “Dirty Thirty.”
3. When friends tell you about their OTHER workouts, you reply, “Aw, that’s cute!” and try them out on your “rest days.”
4. You know what Ricardo ate for lunch (organic chicken, duh!) and where in the world Joey is.
5. The fashion label you own the most of is Barry’s Bootcamp gear.
6. Your Facebook feed is a 60 pack of shirtless trainers. Not that you’re complaining.
7. You get there early so you can stand by the glass door to ensure that you get YOUR treadmill.
8. You’ve been offered a job at the post office since you can accurately estimate the weight of any package, without a scale, just by curling it a couple of times.
9. You get asked out on a date, but it’s Arms & Abs night and well, you can’t miss that.
10. You never have to show your key tag to the deskers.
11. Your instagram photos are shirtless selfies of you posing with other shirtless Barry’s addicts or trainers and hashtagged #fitfam and/or #barrysbabes.
12. You’re never NOT sore.
Minsun Park is a blogger, writer and a black belt in taekwondo who gets her ass handed to her daily by her two sons. She’s written for iVillage, SheKnows, ePregnancy and is featured in “The Hot Mom’s Handbook” by Jessica Denay. She can also be found on Facebook and Twitter: @MinsunPark