Every Barry’s class is full of power sprinters and power lifters, but not everyone is a power user. Only some of our most veteran clients and staff know all of the secrets to getting the most out of your Barry’s experience. We interviewed the Barriati to give us their favorite power user tips so that we can pass them on to you. Welcome to the first in a series of Barry’s Hacks. If you have any of your own to share, please leave them in the comment section!
1) GET INTO THE SOLD OUT CLASS BEFORE IT SELLS OUT. You know there are some classes that always sell out, but did you know that all the spots open for reservations at the same time? If you’re desperate to get into your favorite class, Noon is the cha-ching hour. At exactly Noon the week before the class, enrollment opens. Clicking fingers at the ready…
2) RESERVE A SPOT NEXT TO YOU FOR YOUR FRIENDS. You roll deep and your BFFs (Barry’s Friends Forever) are your favorite accessory. So reserve a spot for them next to you. As long as they have a Barry’s account, you can put them on the next treadmill. All you have to do is go to MY ACCOUNT and select MY CLASSES, and then click the orange box with the gear in it next to the class (the gear box will turn white when selected, as in the picture below). Then click ASSIGN GUEST, and put your friends email address in the box that pops up. They will receive an email telling them that you have reserved a spot for them. You will be charged for the class, and you can have them add you as guest next time to make the swap even. Or they can pay you cash. Or in Barry’s Fuel Bar shakes, which is how we prefer to be paid. Just make sure that if your friend can’t make it you cancel before 12 hours or you will be charged the cancellation penalty.
3) TELL YOUR FRIENDS WHICH CLASS YOU’RE TAKING WITHOUT SENDING AN EMAIL. Facebook and Twitter are your friends, and with just one click you can call out to your flesh and blood friends to tell them when you’re taking class. After you book your spot, the next screen asks you if you want to “Share this class with others” and displays the Facebook and Twitter icons. Just click the icon of your choice, and after your computer logs you into an account (if you’re not already) a window appears with a suggested post listing the time and date you’re going to class, or the link for friends to sign up. CLICK! – you’re surrounded by your besties.
4) GET TO THE BARRY’S SCHEDULE WITH ONE TOUCH. Tired of opening the browser on your iPhone and typing in the web address every time you want to book a class? Add a bookmark that acts like an app! Now you can save your strength for the sprints. Directions below. Using an android phone? See instructions HERE.
5) GET MORE BARRY’S FOR YOUR BUCK. You know about Academies, Flex Academies and Hellweeks, right? If not, you should know that class price drops significantly when you participate in these events (different studios offer different options). So what are they?
Hellweek: Months with five Mondays are very special at Barry’s. Starting on the 5th Monday of the month, Hellweek participants take either 5 (M-F) or 7 (M-S) straight days of classes, one per day, at a special price.* Hellweek is the fast track to a heavenly physique.
*Hellweek rules vary by studio. Please check with your local studio for the specifics or be sure to read the fine print when purchasing your individual packages.
Academies: Classes are in session, and an Academy will ensure you an A+ in Fitness 101. A new Academy begins on the first Monday of each month, and for a special rate you pick your favorite class time and you attend that particular time slot Monday – Friday, 5 days a week, for 4 weeks. Please note that once you purchase an Academy, you’re still responsible for reserving your spot each day during the 4 weeks of your program. It’s up to you how hard you work, but if you cram every day you’re bound to graduate summa cum hottie.
Flex Academies: Some locations don’t lock you in to a pre-chosen class time every day for their Academies – you can show up to whichever class you want, Monday through Friday. Classes are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. At most locations you can choose the 3-day, 4-day or 5-day Flex Academy, which refers to the number of days per week you want to attend.* Again, attending the Flex Academy guarantees you a preferred rate.
*Flex Academy rules can vary by studio. Please check with your local studio for the specifics or be sure to read the fine print when purchasing your individual packages.
So now you’re on your way to professional Barry’s status (you’ve already got the muscles to prove it). Stay tuned for more hacks coming soon!